Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hello!

Hello reader. I’m blogging for the first time, so please bear with me and my possibly jumbled, incoherent train of thought. Hopefully after a few tries, I’ll be able to write something worth your time and able to hold your interest.

I’ve been wanting to blog for some time now for a number of reasons. While being an admittedly poor writer and not having much of a writing background, there are many things in life about which I am very passionate, and I have a strong desire to put these passions into words and share them with any who will read them. It seems to me that whenever I do write, whether it’s an essay for a class or just an email to a friend or loved one, I am able to organize my thoughts and things become clearer to me than if I hadn’t written at all. It feels as if writing and collecting my thoughts in words actually gives me more insight into the subject, and I come away having gained a lot from the experience.

Another reason for my desire to join the blogging community is perhaps a less selfish one. (Or maybe more selfish, depending on the angle you take.) Over the past few years, I have become increasingly interested in and incensed by the political state of our country, and now, more than ever, I am hearing and reading things that I find terribly wrong and which need to be discussed. I’m sure my views will become clear after a couple future blogs, but for now I will just say that the current actions be taken in Washington are a big part of my motivation to write. If you’re reading this, I’m sure you’ll agree that the internet is a great resource for sharing and obtaining uncensored information, and I would like to be able to contribute to this online source. A friend of mine currently co-authors a blog called the Libertarian Lens where one can find current event articles from the Libertarian vantage point. (See; I already gave it away…) The authors, Neil and Kevin, do a great job of bringing important stories that have an immense impact on our lives and which one might not see on the news programs of CNN or Fox News to the readers’ attention. I think it is important for blogs such as this to develop so that information can be spread and individuals can educate themselves. So this is another factor motivating me to start writing and blogging.

I’ll wrap up by apologizing for the lack of structure and consistency in my writing. Like I said, I eventually would like to contribute something substantial that a reader might find interesting or helpful, and I think that through blogging my thoughts here and there, I might be able to develop my own ideas and writing abilities.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome. I agree and see the truth in every letter of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog needs some updating. Tend your garden, Brian!

    ReplyDelete